Saturday, November 13, 2010

White Chocolate Truffle.......Cake!

 When i saw a recipe for this i about died. I love white chocolate truffles and cake! What a wonderful idea to put them together! This cake is pretty rich, the "truffle" topping actually tastes like a truffle. My only problem is it took forever for the cake to firm up. I made it last night, and it finally got hard this afternoon. I think next time i make this i will add a raspberry coulis. It would add such a great flavor and color to it.

White Chocolate Truffle Cake

  • butter, for greasing
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 tablespoon superfine sugar (I used regular sugar)
  • 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 3/4 oz white chocolate melted
  • unsweetened cocoa for dusting, optional
Truffle topping
  • 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
  • 12 oz white chocolate
  • 9 oz mascarpone cheese
 Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 inch round springform pan ( i couldn't find a 8 in, so i used my 9in). Whisk eggs and the sugar in a mixing bowl for 10 min, or until the mixture is very light and foamy and the whisk leaves a trail that lasts a few seconds when lifted. Sift the flour and fold in with a spoon. Fold in the melted chocolate. Pour into the pan and bake in the oven for 25 min or springy to the touch. Let cool. To make the topping, place the cream in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan. cool slightly, then add the white chocolate and stir until melted and combined. Remove from heat and continue to stir, when almost cool add the mascarpone cheese. Pour the mixture on top of the cake and chill for 2 hours. Remove from pan and sprinkle with cocoa powder.

EDIT 

What a failure. I later checked on my cake for a bite, to my surprise there was a puddle and a sad cake in the middle...it looked like someone left a ice cream cake in the sun all day. I worked all night on that cake, its such a disappointment to see my hard work go to waste. I followed the recipe, but i guess it never fully hardened.  Anyway, I'm going to leave the recipe up and maybe someone will have better luck at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment