Monday, February 28, 2011

Blueberry Puffs

I saw this recipe in a old Kraft magazine, the small amount of ingredients appealed to me. Plus I bought some ramekins 4 months ago that needed to be broken in.
Now I'm all about homemade, but it was nice to take a break and buy croissants. This recipe is the easiest thing ever, so if your a beginner this is perfect! I was pretty happy with the taste of these "puffs", the blueberries just burst in your mouth. My boyfriend ate 2 before they even cooled down. I could even eat these for breakfast, but then again I could eat cake for breakfast.

Now this recipe called for 10 ramekins 1/2 cup in size. My ramekins were about a 1 cup, so i only used 5.



Blueberry Puffs

  • 1 pack of large croissants
  • 1 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
  • 1 package (8oz) cream cheese
  • 2/3 cup of sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 cups milk

Place croissants evenly in ramekins, sprinkle blueberries on top. Beat cream cheese til smooth, then add sugar, eggs, vanilla. Slowly add in milk. pour over croissants and blueberries, i filled it almost to the top. Let stand for 20 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake 20 to 25 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment